Friday, June 10, 2011

Holiness

Colossians 3:12-14
"So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

It is so hard to 'walk out' holiness. To dress in the wardrobe God picked out is a visual picture for me. Choices, every day we must determine to put on kindness, humility, forgiveness, and love for everyone around us, whether they deserve it or not. To be more like Christ should be our goal, He is our example of holiness,He was kind to the unlovable. Today, I will work harder to remember the wardrobe I'm wearing. Lord, help me to be compassionate and kind to every person I meet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment