Saturday, April 7, 2012

Complete Identification

"Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily." Galatians 2:21

We try so hard to be good and to keep the rules of being Christians. We can't, we will fail in some part and disappoint ourselves. When we are crucified with Christ we become righteous through His sacrifice. Until we commit to be truly His, crucified with Him, we will fail at doing good. Total abandonment of self, our will and desires is necessary for our salvation and our righteousness. Only then will we be able to do good, serving God and others in self-sacrifice. This is Christ-like living. Not because we have to but because we want to please God in everything. Loving Him more than life itself is glorious!

“What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.” Galatians 2:20 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment